Where to find me and EncaustiCastle happenings!
“Tools to take my work to the next level; Patricia at all her retreats and home venue delivers this on every level! Inspiration, motivation, encouragement and example; not to mention space, materials, meals and accommodations! It is the whole package, and everything I hoped for.”Hillary
- October 4-10, 2017 Jennifer Coyne Qudeen and Lorie McCown Mixed Media Manipulations
- October 16-21, 2017 Bi-annual with Sue Stover at Stover Studio
- November 1-7 Lauren Mantecon and James Edward Scherbarth Expressive Painting
- January 14-20, 2018 WinterWax at the EncaustiCastle
- March 7-11, 2018 Bi-Annual with Sue Stover, at the EncaustiCastle
- March 26- April 7, 2018 EncaustiCastle Artist-in-Residence program
Save the date expressions of interest:
- May Seth Apter and Daniel Essig Book Arts
- June/July Elizabeth Bunsen and Roxanne Lasky Textile Exploration
- August Lora Murphy and Jean Pederson Accessible Figuring (portraiture in encaustic and mixed media)
- October/November Rebecca Hutchinson and Graham Hay Sculpture with Paperclay
- April 24-30 Geoffrey Gorman and Pat Chapman Found Object Forms and Figures
- June 5-11 Dorothy Caldwell and Jody Alexander Textile Manipulations
There’s this place…
It’s an old place, and it’s a city place
and it’s a magical, alive, spirited place.
People come to this place,
from far and near,
and are changed.
And change the place.
It grows lighter,
as if the turret so high reaching, reaches even higher,
bold and brilliant.
This place comes alive;
and brings to life
Grace, all of it.
this old place, this city place,
this brilliant, bright, art, grace place,
Inside and out,
studios, rooms, gathering spaces
it is all here-
See what it takes to make your unique magic,
with your unique group,